Monday 3 June 2013

Grocery shopping on an Empty Stomach

Never. I repeat: NEVER GO GROCERY SHOPPING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!!

My mom always told me not to do this but who really listens to this? Every time she says this I would dismiss it because I am usually in a delusional state of mind to believe that I have really good self control.

I was at the point where I needed to pick up a few things at the supermarket for my 2 bambinos (girl 3 years and boy 2 years) and for myself. I made a short list (the lists really do help... most of the times), ignored my rumbling tummy, packed the kids in the car and went to the "sookermarket" (according to the bambinos). The list consisted of about 8 items and I cashed out with a really long receipt :S There were at least 3 items I have never purchased in the basket. *sigh*

I guess I learnt the hard way...
What's your take on this? Do you make sure you have eaten a meal before doing your grocery shopping? Or do you have really good self control? Let me know! Adios folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment